POLIS is a three-year project (2011-2014) financed by the Tuscany Region in the framework of POR FESR Toscana 2007-2013 and PAR FAS 2007-2013. F.R.I. is the proponent and key-manager partner. The project involves a network of enterprises, institutions and research centres thus fostering innovation projects and relationships between research and enterprises.
Hereby the three main themes:
- MOBILITY (flow management and planning of the transport processes, infomobility, environmental monitoring, logistics intermodality)
- CULTURAL HERITAGE (preservation, management and use, cultural tourism, sustainable tourism development)
- SUSTAINABLE BUILDING (new building materials, energy systems, smart grids, renewable energy applications, old town centres, lighting)
- 654 partners (586 SMEs, 24 large companies, 27 research organisations/associations, 24 institutions/public bodies)
- 264 enterprise scouting
- 106 innovation projects
- 88 workshops, seminars, conferences
POLIS also plays the function of Secretariat of DitBECs, the District of Cultural Heritage and Sustainable City’s Technologies.
- Foundation for Research and Innovation (proponent partner)
- Pin-Polo Universitario della città di Prato