SME GREEN SKILLS HUB, “Supporting the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in small and medium sized enterprises through VET”, is an Erasmus + project under KA2 STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS FOR VET, AGREEMENT NUMBER 2020-1-ES01-KA202-083065.
The project started on 1st September 2020 and will last for 36 months, ending on 31st August 2022.
SME Green Skills HUB is a European multi-stakeholder partnership and a learning network between SMEs, sectorial clusters, regional governments, HEI, and VET providers from five European countries, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, Turkey and Italy. They have worked together to identify common needs and challenges and key areas of intervention in order to achieve the main AIM of the project: support the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in SMEs through VET.
The objectives are:
- To co-define a structured set of competencies on implementing the SDGs in SMEs following ECVET and EU standard methods: the IO1 European Framework of Competencies.
- To co-design, test and implement a next-generation ICT-based educative tool to provide OER, including training contents and VOOC, on implementing the SDGs in SMEs through VET: the IO2 SME Green Skills HUB Virtual Campus
- To co-create, test and implement a digital assessment tool to evaluate competences on the implementation of the SDGs in SMEs through VET: the IO4 Mobile Assessment App.
- To elaborate a policy set of recommendations to promote transparency and recognition of skills on the topic of the project: the IO4 Guidelines to promote transparency and recognition of skills to implement SDGs in SMEs.
- To establish a European multi-stakeholder community of practice on supporting the implementation of the SDGs in SMEs and the further development of green skills in SMEs staff: the SME Green Skills HUB
The project will have a positive impact in: (i) partner organizations, SMEs, and other VET stakeholders in Europe, that will count with an innovative set of VET tools to support the implementation of the SDGs in SMEs (ii) VET teachers, trainers and mentors, acquiring new skills and opportunities for recognition and professional development (iii) SMEs staff, accessing to new opportunities for training and upskilling in green related skills.
The expected impact of the project is a raised awareness about: (I) the importance and value of the SDGs; (ii) the opportunities derived from the implementation of the SDGs in business strategies: (III) the role of VET in the fight against global warming and environmental transition.
SME Green Skills Hub is present on the following social networks: