CHARTER Alliance launches its Cultural Heritage Literature Collection Database: a user-friendly resource to explore bibliography on heritage education and training
The European Cultural Heritage Skills Alliance CHARTER, Erasmus+ funded project, presents its brand-new Literature Collection database, developed by Work Package 3 (WP3) – Vocational Education and Training and beyond.
The database contains a collection of sources related to education and training in the cultural heritage sector, with the aims of:
- Providing references to map cultural heritage profiles.
- Understanding the skills needed to meet the demands of the job market.
- Identifying gaps in the training offer in higher education, lifelong learning and VET.
Scope, structure, and methodology
The timeframe of the collection covers documents from the Bologna process (1999) onwards, with a focus on literature having a European Union relevance. It contains articles, official documents, laws and regulations, frameworks, and books on the topic.
The entries are classified through bibliographical references and tags identified to better define and group the reference topic of each piece of literature consistently with the work done in the CHARTER project. These tags are either identifiable with a specific topic or are connected to the 6 functions related to cultural heritage professions as identified by CHARTER.
The Literature Collection is the results of a collaborative process among CHARTER members, using Zotero as the tool to collect the contributions and be later exported in many formats. The database is public and will be constantly updated until the end of the project.
All cultural heritage stakeholders are invited to explore this resource, which contributes not only to the project, but the sector at large.
- Access the Literature Collection: https://charter-alliance.eu/literature-collection-database/
- Access the Literature Collection Report: https://charter-alliance.eu/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/D3.5-Literature-Collection_final2.pdf
- Learn more about CHARTER Alliance: https://charter-alliance.eu/
- Subscribe to the newsletter: http://bit.ly/CHARTER-newsletter
CHARTER, the European Cultural Heritage Skills Alliance, brings together and represents the whole range of the cultural heritage sector in Europe. The 47 project partners strive towards making apparent the value of cultural heritage and creating a resilient and responsive sector.
CHARTER works towards creating a lasting, comprehensive strategy that will guarantee Europe has the necessary cultural heritage skills to support sustainable societies and economies.The Erasmus+ funded project maps the current and future needs of the sector to bridge the gap of skills shortages and mismatches between the educational and occupational fields.